Worry is Harmful

You know the feeling,that you get,the one at the pit of your stomach,that never ending gnawing away. The one that’s always there.

For example worry effects your mood. If you’re worried about something that might happen later in the day ,you’ll be distracted and do things you wouldn’t normally do. One day I had a competition after school which effected my mood the ENTIRE morning. I was irritable and rude due to my nervousness about the upcoming competition and regretted every thing that spilled out of my mouth. I was so worried what would happen later that I wasn’t noticing what was happening right in front of me.

In addition you may get so caught up with being worried about what you’re doing that you don’t even pay attention to what you’re doing. For example whenever I have a test, I psych myself out so much that I don’t even pay attention to my questions and answers. Consequently, my grades never impress. You shouldn’t let fear distract you

In conclusion don’t psych yourself. Don’t let that feeling in the stomach defeat you. Don’t let worry effect you in this way. Worry can be helpful in that it gives you an edge, but the effects can be harmful. Don’t let it be too overwhelming.

2 thoughts on “Worry is Harmful

1. I agree with you in that worry effects your mood. I also like your transitions. The transitions make the expository a lot more connected.

2. Your writing is really beautiful. I love how you explain examples. I also know exactly what your are talking about. Once I had to play in front of a judge on my violin and I was so worried that I did not help anyone in the morning and I yelled at them and I felt so bad that I did that. Your post is really detailed, I like it.