ADE Rehearsal

Once a month… Every-single-month I have a 6 hour rehearsal for my dance team. That’s right, SIX HOURS. Because I’m a Senior on my dance team, I have 3 different dances that we go over every rehearsal. One of them is “Boom”, a jazz dance. It was choreographed by a guest teacher which makes it very hard for us to truly understand the dance, and perform it well. The second dance my team struggles with is our Teen-Senior-Elite dance which is difficult because the choreography is super challenging due to it containing lots and lots of technique. The third is our Production dance. This dance is not only choreographed by our own choreographers, but has all 64 people on our team. From the Jump-starters (the youngest) to the Elite (the oldest/most advanced). We have three 7 foot tall props that are moved throughout the dance, only serving as to add to the complexity of the dance. Three dancers at the very beginning jump off the top and land in their splits (with some help from spotters). Unfortunately I’m one of them. In almost every rehearsal I’ve managed to face plant at least once resulting in almost-unbearable headaches…. Hopefully I won’t fall next time.